Please help - Gas cookers and Gas fires

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope somebody is able to help me. I am trying to find out for my coursework the opeartion of a gas cooker and gas fire. I have searched the web and not found anything helpful at all.

I suppose this is the correct forum to ask for help in?

I know a fire uses piezo-electric spark generation, usually the cam-operated type, but that's all so far, and with a gas cooker, some have automatic ignition now but some, older types are lit by the user using a lighter, etc. I need to find out how the temperature is controlled (ie thermostat types and opeartion, and also if they use a pilot or not and what flame failure device each commonly have). Also the correct sequencing order, ie some fires allow a small amount of gas to bypass the valve even when closed to allow it to be ignited when required. But I need more info and can't find it anywhere :cry:

Any info or link would be brilliant. I have ordered a book called GAS installtions by Treloar which will help me with my gas modules and ACS but until then no other publications are helpful for cooker and fires!

Sponsored Links
ok well i'll have to wait then. will the GAS INSTALLATIONS book by Treloar that is recommended have info in it? What's a Stevens valve?!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Try Viper books - all the info you need. If in doubt, phone £orgi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back