Please Help - Glow Worm 24ci Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how to upload the image so i will post the link to the post where needed photo is attached

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=235119

My problem is that black metal part is leaking - I assume it is rusted as it is mini hole at the front of it and the warm water is pouring there or rather blowing as it is pressured water.

is it this part replaceable?
is it worth to repair or it is better to buy new boiler (boiler has currently 9 years).
If it is better to repair what is the professional name of this part?
if it is better to buy a new boiler what boiler would you recommend and what website offer the best prices?

I know it is a lot of questions but I will truly appreciate any help.
thank you

Sponsored Links
All of those parts are still available as far as I know.

But these are cheap budget boilers.

Few responsible installers would want to fit a boiler that you had bought yourself!

Or are you planning to repair or replace it yourself?

Tony

All of those parts are still available as far as I know.

But these are cheap budget boilers.

Few responsible installers would want to fit a boiler that you had bought yourself!

Or are you planning to repair or replace it yourself?

Tony

Thank you Tony for your response.
Most likely I would ask someone to replace part/boiler (recommendation welcome - I am in Catford SE6) but I would like to diagnose problem first as don't want spend a lot of money for a new boiler if eg. fixing could be done for tenth part of it. As the leaking part is only that black circled metal park.
But as you wrote that they are cheap budget boilers so I think you rather would recommend to buy a new one - am I right?
What type of boiler would you recommend (it should be dual - hot water plus heating - 3 bed house with 2 receptions (around 100 sq meters)
what online seller would you recommend for a good prices?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Sponsored Links
It would be far cheaper to repair the boiler, perhaps about £200 or less.

But I am unclear exactly what is leaking. Those are plastic parts in the photo you have borrowed.

By chance I am going to Ardgowan Rd SE6 tomorrow to a new boiler that I have fitted.

You are still asking about buying boilers from web sites although I have warned you that most installers would normally expect to supply the boiler. Makes me think you want to fit it yourself.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back