drayton time controller

sunvic roomstat

switchmaster cylinder stat

grundfos pump

honeywell v4073 mid position valve - 5 wire

ideal elan 2 boiler

The wiring from the timer is all black

wiring.jpg

I need to replace the tank stat and have a 5 wire landis stat (e, n,l and 2 blacks) Could this be put in place of the 3 wire switchmaster?

Also, my heating and hot water are back to front. How would i need to move the wires to get them the right way around

Sponsored Links
mmm looks like the switch live is going straight into the permanent live?
I would strongly recommend that you get a PROFESSION in ASAP judging bythat wiring diagram

maybe you drew it wrong

who knows

who cares

The diagram looks about right assuming the wires are connected properly inside each item. I don't understand the red wire though, are you sure it goes all the way to the motorised valve? (They usually only have white, grey, blue, orange and maybe an earth connection) Although the orange wire is shown correctly connected to the boiler switched live at the other end of it.

I assume the wire shown in yellow on your diagram is actually white, and the pump is connected to the same terminals as the boiler.

Your hot water cylinder (not tank) stat needs three wires. A live common connection (brown wire on your diagram) that switches to one of two other positions depending wether the water is upto the set temperature (Blue wire on your diagram) or is below the set temperature (green wire on your diagram).

I've never come across a cylinder stat with 5 connections. You would have to use a resistance meter and find the correct connections as described above, but I would be worried where the other wires were connected internally. I would suggest you don't use it or contact the manufacturer for details.

If the water and central heating are working in reverse, it's probably not because the wiring is wrong (unless only programmer connections are reversed) The motorised valve is probably in the pipework the wrong way around. You cannot change the wiring over to correct this because the cylinder stat needs a changeover (3 connections) to work the valve (your room stat doesn't have this facility (2 connections). And it is usual for the valve to rest at the hot water position

Sponsored Links
OK, i will take a closer look at the wiring and noticed that the mid pos'n valve is joined to another cable before the junction box. I will check the wiring and get back to you here.

thanks for the input so far

I think honeywell make a wiring centre which you can buy which would enable you to tidy up the wiring One wire per terminal on a printed circuit board. Or at least they used to.

Ideal man said:
Should I suggest that only a part P qualified person sould be working on this or not ;)
Part P doesn't prevent people from undertaking electrical work, it just makes certain types of work notifiable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back