Please help - Identify Valliant Model

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope you guys can help. Where does the ID / model plate tend to be on Valliants?

Just moved house and am trying to find out what boiler is installed. I'm pretty sure it's a TurboMAX Plus 837E judging by various pictures I've found on t'interweb. It's a combi and has the "warmstart" function on the DHW.

Also when I do work out which it is... where can I get a user manual from?

Looks like this:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/shop/acatalog/Turbomax_Plus_837_E.html

.... but then it is just a big white box with Valliant on the front of it!

Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
Turn the two cross headed screws on the front control panel a QUARTER turn.....panel should drop down (with a gentle tug) to reveal data plate. Look for the GC number and contact Vaillant - there are several versions of this model.

Thanks GasGuru.....

spot on :)

turboMAX Plus 837E
Combination Boiler VUW GB 362/2 - 5 R3
G.C. 47-044-28

I'll contact Valliant about a manual.

As an aside.... it seems a damn site better put together than the Potterton Puma 80e I had in the last place. A lot more... um... solid somehow.

Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
GeeTee said:
I really just wanted to know how to turn the warmstart off....

Turn dhw stat fully to the left for a couple of seconds. You souldn't really need to set dhw above 55C usually. Scale forms quicker above 60C.

Thanks gas4you....

now I found a manual I've switched the warmstart off and turned the DHW down.

<<editted to ask:>> What size should the gas supply be to one of these things? The only bit I can see popping out of the floor (concrete) up to the boiler is in 15mm. The only other gas pipework I can see is:
1: under the stairs going from the meter straight down inder the floor..... looks to be about 28mm but is in threaded steel so whatever the equivalent size is I guess.
2: Popping out of the concrete floor to the gas hob in 15mm.

Probably shouldn't worry about is as it seems to be working fine.

Thanks
Graham

better put together than the Potterton Puma 80e

My first Roll-up ciggy when I was 14 was better put together than a Puma.

As far as your gas pipe is concerned, if you are worried get the boiler serviced and ask the chap to do a working/dynamic pressure test - which he should do anyway. You'll soon find out.

Thanks Dan....

Was planning on getting it serviced... no idea when it was last done.

One last question before I call it a night :)

There's a knob that doesn't seem to be in the user manual.... seems to have 3 settings... the first looks like an eclipse, the 2nd is a sun the 3rd is a clock symbol. It's currently on the eclipse and seems to be in DHW mode only. Presume the clock is for timed operation.... what's the sun for??

Oh and pressing the i button it gives a status of S.31 which also isnt in the manual. Any ideas what that is?

Ok... 2 questions LOL

Thanks
Grahams

S.31 means summer mode.

I am not clear in the integral clocks on these as we tend to only fit programmable room thermostats, and avoid Vaillants; but I would follow your logic there.

Sun is constant heat, eclipse will be off (night) and clock is timed. An 837 would need at least 22mm over a very short distance for the gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back