Please help looks like my adventure with ALPHA2 L 15-60 130 gone wrong!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Grundfos ALPHA2 L 15-60 130 was doing it job calmly without any fault, and one unfortunate day week ago I decided to press button on the front of it while it was glowing in Green. Now its not turning on at all. Till then it used to glow in green and showing mobile signal strength like display. Now my water heater or boiler working at all. Any tips to get this back to working state ...?
..See photos.

I have another issue which might have prompted by to press that button, My Danfoss controller don't show any display, but it was turning on and off till I played with Grundfos above. So Please help me what immediate DIY I could do to get hot water. Long term what I need to do..? Thanks.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 1.12.39 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 1.22.27 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 1.22.51 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 1.23.56 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 1.24.12 AM.jpeg

Sponsored Links
First push re set on your programmer it's the small hole next to tap symbol under flap.
From memory your suppose to use something non metallic.
See what happens.
Danfoss controller reset tried many times this way, no luck. thanks.

Pump light will only come on with a demand, eg hot water.
Danfoss might be goosed.

Sponsored Links
Pump light will only come on with a demand, eg hot water.
Danfoss might be goosed.
Is this means I completely Screwed it up already..?
How could I get this back to a stage where it glows green? I know i need to replace Danfoss controller , which I am planning to do. But even when controller display wasn't working I was able to get hot water until I played with Grundfos ALPHA2 . So trying to see if I can get hot water again and then will get someone to fix controller..

Is this means I completely Screwed it up already..?
How could I get this back to a stage where it glows green? I know i need to replace Danfoss controller , which I am planning to do. But even when controller display wasn't working I was able to get hot water until I played with Grundfos ALPHA2 . So trying to see if I can get hot water again and then will get someone to fix controller..
No, it means if the Danfoss controller isn’t sending a live to the cylinder thermostat then there’s no demand for hot water, so you can do as per @Exedon has suggested.

I can see some more items in that boiler area . Keen to know what each one will do..? Please help. thanks.
See photos marked..

A, B, C,E wires connected to D
D connected to F and F to G
H connected to F
I connected to J
there also a wire around H & I goes to D(

..??)

A - GRUNDFOS - (thats stopped working now)
B - ?? (similar to C)
C - ??
E - Water temp controller
D - ??
F - Danfoss Controller (that stopped display now)
G —??
H - Boiler Switch with fuse
I - Water heater switch (which used to heat up water, but not doing that for last 3-4 months)
J - controller on trhe top of water heater

Please help. thanks.
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 4.36.53 PM.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 4.36.08 PM.png
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 4.36.22 PM.png
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 4.36.41 PM.png

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 5.35.08 PM.png
WhatsApp Image 2022-07-25 at 5.42.25 PM.png

Last edited:
No, it means if the Danfoss controller isn’t sending a live to the cylinder thermostat then there’s no demand for hot water, so you can do as per @Exedon has suggested.

So should I ask for boiler service to sort this out or this is water heater service..? or both are the same..? thanks.

So should I ask for boiler service to sort this out or this is water heater service..? or both are the same..? thanks.
You could probably do it yourself. A lot have industry standard backplates, and would just need the old one removing and a new one fitting, but if you’re unsure: a plumber, electrician or gas engineer can sort it.

A - Circulating pump
B - 2 port valve for hot water
C - 2 port valve for central heating
D - Wiring Center
E - Cylinder thermostat (for hot water temperature control for the cylinder - this should be set between 60 - 65)
F - Programmer to set timed on/off periods for heating and hot water
G - Expansion vessel - this isn’t connected electrically
H - Fused connection unit for the boiler
I - Unfused switch for immersion heater - only use this for electrically heating the water in the cylinder
J - Immersion heater

A timed “on” (Heating or hot water) period set by programmer (F) sends a switched live to a motorised valve (B or C - depending on the demand) which then opens the valve (B or C - depending on the demand), which then sends a switched live to the pump and boiler which then fires up sending heated water to whichever demand is requested. Once the timed period ends or the demeaned is satisfied, all switches return to the off position, with the pump being the last as it needs to dissipate the heated water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back