Please help me to silence my intercom!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried asking in other places, searching it myself etc but I’m having no luck at all.
I THINK I have a Farfisa PT510 - https://www.farfisa.com/en/catalogue/basic-intercom-pt510w.html

It seems to have no silence option.
IMG_6316.jpeg

Photo 1 - this is the unit up high on the wall.

Will post next photo in new post

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 28
Sponsored Links
The attached image is behind the internal phone.
I have no idea which one the buzzing comes from, and how to silence it. Is there a way to do this while being able to put it back the way it was? (I’m renting!)
Thank you so much in advance. I’ve tried looking at the wiring manual and I just don’t understand it.

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    296.8 KB · Views: 25
Image 1 is a door bell…check that your door bell isn’t jammed in ….it looks as if it’s not connected anyway….image 2 is a Farfisa intercom ….remove wire from terminal 6

Image 1 is a door bell…check that your door bell isn’t jammed in ….it looks as if it’s not connected anyway….image 2 is a Farfisa intercom ….remove wire from terminal 6
Hi, thank you so much. This makes sense as we actually have a doorbell at the entrance to our flat which has never worked (and I’m not bothered about it) but I had no idea that was the box for the doorbell.

In relation to terminal 6 - I have circled where I think that is (sorry, really no idea what I’m doing). Is it the blue wire? How do I remove that safely, and if I remove it can I put it back in? Thank you

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi sorry someone else said I need to unscrew terminal 6, not just pull the blue wire out. Which is it? Thank you

Image number 1- the unit only has cables running into port zero. It clearly doesn't function.

Do you want an entry system that works when it is convenient for you?

You might be able to factor in a secondary switch. For example, after 8pm, you flick a switch, and if people, outside and downstairs start pressing buttons randomly, you can ignore them.

Jesus …it’s not rocket science….undo the screw and pull it out ….it may not even be that making the noise ….put your finger on the metal buzzer plate top left …..can you feel it vibrating ?

Image number 1- the unit only has cables running into port zero. It clearly doesn't function.

Do you want an entry system that works when it is convenient for you?

You might be able to factor in a secondary switch. For example, after 8pm, you flick a switch, and if people, outside and downstairs start pressing buttons randomly, you can ignore them.
Hi, sorry it’s the second image I posted which is the right one.

Sorry I read it as it’s buzzing and won’t stop ….fit one of these inline with terminal 6

Attachments

• IMG_5988.png
    IMG_5988.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 19
Fit it on the side 6mm hole low enough to not touch the phone pcb

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 22
Sorry I read it as it’s buzzing and won’t stop ….fit one of these inline with terminal 6
I appreciate your help, and sorry for all the silly questions but I’ve never looked at anything like this in my life. Yes, the issue is I want to completely stop it buzzing when someone presses the button on the outside door. I’m not particularly confident in fitting anything .. can I just unscrew terminal 6, so the blue wire comes out/is loosened and that’ll be it? Thank you

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back