PLEASE HELP !!with edging on laminate floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought some laminate floor , which I intend to put down myself . The only thing concerning me is , how to make the beading - or edging strip look nice . I dont want the hassle of removing the skirtings , so beading is the only way .
The thing that bothers me most , is how to you finish it off round doorways . You cant run it into the path of the door itself , so it will come to an abrupt stop - presumably - somewhere near the door frame .
Also do you stick it with No Nails - or what ?
Any tips to make this look neater would be appreciated !!!!!!

Sponsored Links
assuming that you`ve run your flooring under the architrave/frame, the bead stops at the architrave.

thanks for that -. yes , I intend to under-cut the door frames to run the floor underneath . My only concern with ending the beading there , is that the beading I`ve got is mdf (i think) with a laminate covering . will the edge of it not be visible , and therefore look a bit crap . is there a way of covering this up , or should I swap it for some solid wood beading , so I can shape it a bit ... any tips here would be of great help ????

When you come to the architrave cut a slight angle back on anything thats proud,if you swap for something like timber scotia you can then paint the skirting and bead it gives a much better finish, remember to fix to skirting not the floor.

Sponsored Links
Cheers !! painting the beading along with the skirting sounds like a great idea - certainly something I hadn`t thought of - should look miles better like you say - thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back