Please help with wall tiles to floor tiles join-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just ripped out everything from our bathroom including the (horrendous) floor tiles and the 6mm layer of plywood beneath it. The walls are tiled all the way down (see pic below). When the time come to tile the floor again, I have the following questions:

I intend on laying a 6mm layer of WBP plywood on top of the 22mm chipboard flooring. Is this ok?

What do I do about the joint where the walls meet the floors? As you can see from the pic there is a bit of damage to the bottom of the wall tiles. Can I put skirting board there? Quadrant trim (would also mean replacing some tiles on the bottom row)?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Overboarding with ply - needs to be at least 12mm thick. Alternatively you can use a 6mm backerboard such as no-more-ply.

regarding the join, if your leaving the wall tiles then a skirting may be the best option. You could cut skirtings from your floor tiles and use a trim along the top - this tends to look quite nice.

Thanks. Can I do the following: using an angle grinder, cut through the joint between the lower (broken) tiles and the next level up and then remove the broken tiles. Re-tile the missing bits, then tile the floor right up to the wall and not use any kind of skirting/trim? If so, what do I put in the tiny space between the floor and wall tiles? Silicone sealant? Same grout as between the floor tiles? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
normal scribe and snap will be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back