Please Help! Worcester Bosch Greenstar Cdi not working

Sponsored Links
Most rf stats have an override button on the receiver near the boiler; check the manual where it is an push it or shove it or whatever it is with a salus; that will eliminate the transmitter not working.

not got this function on the Salus ben

kp and ben

im thinking boiler is doing dhw pre heat and not getting signal from programmer, but not up on WBs

Sponsored Links
no green light even with stat up at 30. I can see no override on the receiver and cannot work out how you get into the receiver - any ideas?? love you guys I'm so grateful please dont stop the help x

ok, no green light means the stat and receiver have lost communication.

could be new batteries reqd for the stat (2xAA)

or try pressing in the reset button on the stat (need a pen or pencil to do this, its behind the openable flap) this will remove all your settings and restore to factory default

give it a try

As gg has said when you reset the boiler it will go into hot water pre heat function this will fire once every 20 minutes.

Does your boiler have a built in timer? or an external timer? are they calling for heat? (forget this just noticed it's a programable stat)

if no fault code is showing it's unlikely to be the boiler.

New batteries and reset but still no green light on receiver. can I get into the receiver and bridge the circuit?? or am I going mad??

ps you can put pre settings into the thermostat?

there is a way to bridge out receiver, but in all honesty, if the stat and receiver are faulty, they are covered by a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

perhaps in the am you could phone your original installer and either get him to phone Salus (im assuming he supplied and fitted boiler and salus)

and temporarilly bridge out receiver for you, while waiting for your replacement to arrive

sorry but we tried ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back