Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone offer any advise for me? My laptop is taking forever to go from page to page. Could I have programmes running in the background that I dont know about? I havent got a clue what to do :oops: . Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you mean from web site to web site, then I would suspect it may be a problem with your isp.

Sponsored Links
jj4091

you cant say that because you do not know for sure, a guess is as much use as a fart in a wind tunnel (although up wind would be the best place to be)

Right. I have done a disc clean up, defrag and unpinned some stuff from start up. I use a dell inspiron 6000. The memory isnt full, and I mean moving from page to page on the same websites i.e pressing the back up key can take an age to change etc.

You are not supplying enough information about your system.

It would be helpful to know:
PC make, model and specification
Operating system in use, eg, Windows XP
Which web browser do you use i.e Internet Explorer, Firefox etc
Any recent system changes added hardware and software
How do you connect to the internet Broadband or Modem and claimed speed
Who is your Internet Service Provider.
Has this problem only become apparent recently.
Does pressing the back key on all web sites take an age to load

I use a Dell inspiron 6000 laptop, it is 3 years old, it runs windows xp, I use internet explorer and have not added anything lately. I have broadband supplied by orange from a wireless connection.

The problem im having is moving from page to page, even on the same websites it takes a while to load. I also get pages half loading at first before they eventually load in full, and when shutting a page down or even sometimes in between pages, I get the 'End Programme' message. Very frustrating.

A few suggestions that you may care to investigate

What anti virus, firewall, anti spyware are you running and have you done a full system scan using each recently?

I assume that Orange supplied you with a Livebox for your wireless connection. Have you tried making a direct connection from this to your laptop to rule out wireless issues?

Is there any chance that your security settings are turned off thereby allowing others to share your bandwidth thus slowing your system?

Have you tried clearing the temporary files from Internet Explorer?

You may want to look at this site for information on Orange issues
http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/

jj4091

you cant say that because you do not know for sure, a guess is as much use as a fart in a wind tunnel (although up wind would be the best place to be)
I don't think all of the answers posted to questions on the forum "know for sure". It was intended as a helpful suggestion to get the ball rolling.

Sponsored Links
Back