PLEASE PLEASE HELP!! glow-worm boiler issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a boiler problem.

can't get any hot water or central heating out of it at the moment.

is a glow-worm 18hxi whic cam only be a year old at most. when you turn it on from fresh, it actions as though about to fire up. water starts to fill through, and then afetr about 5 seconds, it all cuts out, and on the lcd display it shows 'f9' and blinks!

have pushed some buttons and tried the old 'off then on' a few times but no change.

incidentally, if i set the thermostat to below the current room temperature, ie, so that the boiler is not required to heat the radiators, it doesn't cut out, just remains displaying the temperature, but obviously it is also not trying to fire up as it is not required.

what should the pressure be on another element to the boiler i have in another closet? currently at about 1.5 bar? is that right?

any light that could be shed would be greatly appreciated!!

many thanks

James

Sponsored Links
The instructions are on the web. pdf file's quite big though.
F9 is water pressure sensor fault - check wiring.
Whether that means it thinks the water pressure is low (which it isn't) or that the reading from the switch is indeterminate and therefore "wrong" I don't know.

So I'd find the connections and check em out. I'd try bypassing the switch to see if that worked, but you musn't leave it like that. Call to Glowie.

thanks for the reply!!

glad the pressure seems ok, not really sure how to bypass the switch, also can't really find the instructions on the web. went on the glow-worm site, which had the manual in PDF format, but helpfully the F9 fault was missing!!

is it something that i can probably sort out myself or am i going to need an engineer?

thanks again

Sponsored Links
Engineer certainly, but if its just that a switch is lying to you then ... it depends on you. F9 is definitely on the pdf - Installation & Servicing Instuctions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back