Glow Worm 30hxi problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I've got a Glow Worm 30hxi. I lately moved a radiator in the system requiring a drain down of the system. Unfortunately on refilling I keep getting an F9 fault. I've spoke to Glow Worm who weren't very helpful, saying it's a global error code and could mean anything! I thought it was air in the system but I've bled the pump, rads and air vents and all air seems to have been removed.

I have experienced the following:

If I set the programmer to heating only the pump turns on but the boiler doesn't seem to fire (the temperature on the boiler display remains static and pipes remain cold). When I change this to heating and hot water the boiler fires but after about 2 seconds the error code F9 appears on the LCD.

I've tried turning off the boiler for a minute before turning it on again, no luck!!! The technical guy at Glow Worm wasn't very helpful and only suggested that the overheat thermostat might need resetting. Is this likely, if so can I do this myself? If there may be other reasons for my problems could you offer an idea as to what they might be?

Many thanks,

Bill

Sponsored Links
Cheers Kev,

I'll try and see if I can find it and let you know the outcome.

Overheat stat has tripped (usually)

Top left hand of the burner, two black wires to the overheat stat, shud have a white or red button on it

push it down and it shud click

that should sort it

Sponsored Links
That's got to be a record for replying to old posts. :LOL:

kevplum did tell him to be patient though. :LOL:

Dez was only trying to help, as the OP was going to let us know the outcome
And never came back, perhaps he's still trying, or froze to death in 2004 and his remains still wait to be discovered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back