GLOW WORM HXI BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a fairly new Glow worm 30HXI condensing boiler. I recently removed a couple of radiators and had some air in the system causing the boiler to trip out. The alarm on the digital display is F5 which is overheat on either the return or foward. I have cleared the air but the boiler will not reset and continuous to display the F5 alarm. Can any one help? Is there something to reset or could a component be damaged?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Now follow carefully as it's very technical, you need what we call in the trade a lump hammer, then stand in front of it and say in a very loud voice, "work work you overly uneccessarily overly complicated peice of crap you only have to heat water up it's not complicated" then hit it as hard as you can with the hammer in the middle of the casing, if this fails phone up Glowworm so as you have to spend money on a boiler which is not very old,and try to smile.
Hope this helps :)

not being familiar with the model here goes
1 try switching the power to the boiler off for a couple of mins
2 overheat stat is usually near main heat exchanger small disk with two wires if there is a button between them press it oh make sure the power is off
3 some boilers have a remote button near the control panel usually coloured red

like i say not really up on gloworm but i hope this helps :)

Sponsored Links
Dear Kevplumb,

Thanks for your help, you were correct and there is a little red switch on the over heat stat. not visible at first but when i took the side panel off there it was . Eternally grateful, proper advice not stupid immature comments as from the other guy.

Owe you a pint a three. :D

Well Mr clever dick how come you didn't look in the manual, or is it not in the manual, if not why not ?

Manual? Doh, didn't think to look there.

What a toss pot. No mention of any reset switch in manual, all it advises is a reset of boiler [ switch of and on ].

Had same problem with a Keston, drained off to change a rad, refilled, vented all available points including one on top of boiler, bloody thing overheated, no reset button ANYWHERE on the outside of the boiler, NOTHING in the installation servicing instructions, took of front panel, (good job I'm a corgi bod) and hunted for reset, eventually found it and hey presto all ok.

My glow worm boiler's overheat stat tripped, so I did a google search and found your post. I have avoided paying a small fortune for someone to come out and press a little red switch.
Many thanks.

My glow worm boiler's overheat stat tripped, so I did a google search and found your post. I have avoided paying a small fortune for someone to come out and press a little red switch.
Many thanks.

After four odd years since this post CFC I dont think they care

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back