1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Please recommend a CCTV camera

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by tilerman, 3 May 2021.

1. tilerman

tilerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Apologies if this is a repeat thread. I am experiencing regular fly tipping outside my garage. I need a CCTV camera that is discreet and must be battery powered as there is no mains available. Also with a memory card and capable of night vision. The battery needs to last ideally around 6 hour's with a memory card being abled to record about the same time. The idea is to put the camera on the dashboard of my van to hopefully get images of the culprit's responsible for dumping huge quantities of waste on my property. Thank you in advance.

2. pcaouolte

pcaouolte

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Use a dash cam wired to the van's battery? They can detect movement and only record when something is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. secureiam

secureiam

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wildlife cams aren’t discrete but good images, the local council might help, contact your local councillor?

5. Sally2000

Sally2000

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's private land, the Council won't be interested. It's not their problem and they would rather the dumping was on someone else's land than in the street where they will have to clear it.

6. Sponsored Links