Security camera for field

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice and recommendations for a security camera to monitor the gate area of a field.
There is no power source so it would have to be battery and/or solar powered, and would need a PIR sensor. I would also like to be able to store recordings on an SD card but also get phone notifications when recording has started. There is 4G coverage in the area.
There are no streetlights around so would also need night vision, although I think this is less important.
Does such a camera exist that covers all these needs? I've been looking at the Reolink cameras but am a bit confused as to which would be suitable.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
without knowing specifics its difficult to say what is the best option.

When you say gate area, how big is the gate and are you wanting to view the gate, or from the gate in a particular direction?

Good night vision is essential if there is no lighting at all, whether that's super low light camera or infrared or day light leds etc.

Do you need to ID or just see activity?
Can a pole be erected to mount he camera on......

Really sorry for not replying. I thought I had it set to send me an email alert if someone replied to the thread but as it didn't happen I assumed noone had replied.

Basically I want to mount it on a field shelter, which is about 2.5m high, and then monitor if anyone approaches the shelter from the gate, which is about 20m away. Also if anyone enters the gate at all. Ideally I would like to be able to ID. Also to be able to record onto my phone once I receive an alert that there is activity..

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back