Swann outback camera

Hi Securit,

He's over on a bellbox query doing his thing with me, take a look if you've a mind to. I think you summed it up in your last post.

Take Care

Sponsored Links
Hi Securit,

Just a final note to say that there are quite a few like him on this forum, but the majority are decent characters and very helpful.

Best Wishes

It seems there are stand alone video capture units ( camera with solid state storage for video ) that do record what happened in the minutes before and after the trigger event. It might be possible that your device has this feature but it is not normally enabled in order to save power as there has to be illumination at all times which would drain batteries if LED illumination was needed.

Sponsored Links
Hi there, yes it has a few functions like video, still pics, 1 frame per second or 3 shots a second, also it can be set to trigger on PIR only, or you can put your choice of times to trigger, either way its totally independent, I guess it all depends on battery life n size of storage card, I've had it a month now and batteries are fine and the 4 gb card supplied still has room, the idea I guess is that if there was an incident it would capture it all, as I have an iPad it's so easy to attach sd card n watch the action, ( not that I really want any !! ) but its reassuring to know its there. the only problem I had was getting the right angle to pick up moving objects, in fact my neighbours thought I was a practising burgler up n down the ladder.

Hi Securit,

I told you there were gentlemen on the site. Although we have had minor differences in the past, Bernard Green is a true gentleman, no one liners in his post, and no sarcasm either.

Hi Securit,

I told you there were gentlemen on the site. Although we have had minor differences in the past, Bernard Green is a true gentleman, no one liners in his post, and no sarcasm either.
Yes totally agree, just a shame its spoiled by a minority, your bound to have differences of opinion, after all that's what a forum is about, but like anything in this world there's always the village idiot lurking over a keyboard. Merry Christmas both,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back