Which camera to monitor internal entrance door to flat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for a neat wifi camera to sit above and monitor the internal entrance door to my flat.

The stairway has natural light during the day, and is lit all night.

I want a camera which will immediately activate my android phone (without any delay) when someone approaches my door. This is important. There is a short flight of stairs leading up to the door which takes approx 5 secs. I also want to have two way communication in order to talk to couriers etc, and to pretend I am home when absent.

I considered the 'Ring' system and similar but they all seem to have negatives, like delay in alerting.

It must be capable of storing to the cloud and/or sd card.

Not too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
well that's a big ask?

wifi isn't always the best and you still need to power the unit.

There will be a delay, in that device detects motion, and notifies you so it has to go through several steps to get there.

A good connection to your wifi, and your smart phone also needs a good connection.

Thanks for your reply.
I could possibly do an ethernet cable link to a Homeplug, or direct to the router if necessary.
I already have a close power socket because I currently have a powered wifi camera in place, but it is slow to notify on alarm and can only detect sound.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back