Please recommend me a primer, adhesive and grout for slate

what do you mean by back butter the tiles? Do I apply adhesive to the tiles too?

yes..spread the addy onto the floor,then with the smooth side of the trowel butter addy onto the back of tile(this way you will have full coverage and no voids under the tile)...just like putting jam on the kids bread.. ;)

work a small area at a time..

Sponsored Links
Cool, I'm not doing the floor though, only the walls! And have a dunlop sealing kit to apply first. So when you apply adhesive with the comb, should the longer threads of the comb be touching the slate, therefore you are basically applying 5mm stripes of adhesive to each surface, if you see what I mean! I certainly won't rush it! Thanks for your advice.

Sponsored Links
yes....use the none serated edge to apply a layer (1-2mm) of adhesive,then apply tile to wall, that you have combed with the halfmoon..
like putting jam/butter on a piece of bread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back