pleb

I'd like to see the 'policy' that says a cyclist can't use the main gates. I'll bet it doesn't exist.

Sponsored Links
If the main gate is opened for a cyclist, then what is to stop a truck full of explosives simply driving up Downing Street (over the cyclist) and detonating? If a car is in the way - then it's far less likely to happen.

It's a public highway, if I blocked the road outside my house with a gate and made people walk round it the local plod would get most upset with me.

If the main gate is opened for a cyclist, then what is to stop a truck full of explosives simply driving up Downing Street (over the cyclist) and detonating? If a car is in the way - then it's far less likely to happen.

Ever thought of joining the Police Joe?

Sponsored Links
Just remembered I once tried to ride up Downing St on a cycle, was in the days before they had those massive gates. Copper on duty told me I couldn't take the bike up there but if I wanted to walk he'd keep an eye on it for me.

Funnily enough, Maggie came out just about the same time and I got to shake her hand. Thought I'd crack a joke and she really didn't find it funny, all I remember of her that time is she wasn't very tall and she had these eyes which just drilled into me. Wouldn't want to really annoy her, those eyes were friggin frightening.

Funnily enough, Maggie came out just about the same time and I got to shake her hand.
What, you didn't just nut her?..

You'd have saved us all this crap...

Shame on you...!

I'd have fractured my skull. She looked as hard as nails.

...a pompous, bullying, public school educated twit goes and calls the very people trying to protect him that they are ******g plebs.

Hilarious.
Allegedly.

We still don't actually know what he said. And probably never will, unless CCTV caught it, and I suspect that if that existed, it'd have come out by now.

It's pretty clear he threw a wobbly, and swore, not least because he's admitted it. But he categorically denies the "words attributed" to him.

We can all choose to believe one side, or the other, or we can do the sensible thing and just reserve judgement because we don't actually know. But I can certainly believe he could have said pleb, but I can also believe that an opportunist police offer or two might take the chance to stir it and create a scene.

A lot of police are good, conscientious and dedicated public servants. But some, based on first-hand experience, are obnoxious, arrogant power-hungry thugs that are a disgrace to the uniform. And most are probably somewhere in-between. Where the officers actually involved are in that, I've absolutely no idea. And without knowing, I can't even hazard a guess as to who I believe is telling the truth .... if either side actually is.

I believe the police on this one. I can't see how any ordinary copper would dare to make that up about a cabinet minister. Or what he'd hope to gain by doing so.
I suppose he could sell a story to the papers, but it would probably be at the expense of his job.

Sponsored Links
Back