Plinth radiators-any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Contemplating fitting a plinth radiator in the kitchen are they any good?
Does the fan switch on automatically when it sees heat?
Can the fan be linked to a room stat to switch off the fan ?

Sponsored Links
Never fitted one, only ever go to them when they arent working poperly, usually full of sludge, makesure you have a clean system, they have small water ways

I'm going to plumb it in before the MZV as a bypass for the CH pump as things get noisy when the valve closes due to pump over run.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't do that.

The heat sink of these things is equiv to a couple of rads.

Use a bypass like we all do.

The heatsink was my only concern but I figured that if the fan wasn't on( room stat control) then heatsink would be minimal. My system does have a bypass valve already but the pump still groans when the MZV closes and if I adjust the valve too much then no hot water

If you put the plinth heater in place of the bypass you can kiss goodbye to your HW then.

Uhm
I'm not sure whats going on with this bypass as previously the system had a massive radiator fitted in the kitchen as heat soak which was removed by mistake when the cylinder and pipes were moved-hot water has always worked OK even with this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back