plug for amp

you did replace with a 3A fuse, didn't you? Have you continuity tested the fuses? If not, its a problem internal to the amp, and you need to have it looked at by someone who knows what they're doing. Now you know why they were selling it on ebay.

Sponsored Links
this may sound like a stupid question, but when you say the amp isn't working, is there any signs of life on the unit at all? any LEDs come on etc?

No life in the amp at all, plug it in, switch it on and nothing, no light, no noise, nothing! I even went and bought a new fuse just to make sure. No joy at all.

Sponsored Links
I have to say, anyone who would connect the xmas tree lights into the same plug has a very laid back attitude towards electricity and could be capable of mis-treating anything. Perhaps buying on ebay was not such a bargain after all.

Yesterday I was trying to think what used 2 green cables. Nice one Qedelec, sorted. :LOL:

<My wife deals with such technical stuff at xmas, oh no, maybe the amp was her's :LOL: :LOL:

the obvious explanation is that someone added thier christmas lights to the plug (probablly due to a socket shortage) and later just cut them off (which i agree is highly dangerous but that doesn't mean that people won't do it).

sorry didn't notice the second page before i replied.

I don't see the problem with putting a couple of small appliances on the same plug. Much neater than socket doublers and i can't see how its in any way dangerous. OFC you don't just cut the appliance off to remove it though!

Look on the positive side, although the amps not working, at least clivesharkey got the plug!

The poor guy that brought the Christmas lights will probably find they don't work either and he missed out on the plug!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back