Plug Plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased some Bizzy Lizzie plug plants and transferred them into larger plant trays. They are now blooming and the foliage is getting cramped. I am keen to plant them out to the garden but it is a little frosty overnight still.
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes don't unless you have plenty of fleece to cover them. Have you been hardening them off by putting them outside by day and bringing them in by night?

I have recently purchased my first greenhouse which is only a 2'x6' with a sliding door. If I left the door wide open during the day would this suffice?

Sponsored Links
Busy lizzies will not thank you for being cold, generally regarded as an indoor plant.

I initially potted up and stored them in my shed and conservatory. My missus was not happy to lose her conservatory shelf space for her ornaments(!) so bought the small GH. I've had them in the GH about a week now and it is noticeable how much they have come along. The GH is not heated or ventilated so during the sunny days I keep the door ajar to prevent it getting too hot, then closing the door as the sun lowers.
I've bought plug plants for baskets the last couple of years but trying to venture out with Buzzie Lizzy and Petunia bedding plants.
I'm enjoying the time tottering away with the plants, but don't want to do anything premature when I go to plant them.
I'll check a few to see whether their roots balls have developed fully and hopefully plant them out next week as weather is turning for the better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back