Weed or plant.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
048B6265-4808-4A35-9BE3-6524A2075ED8.jpeg1F7AB70F-A6A3-4D44-90E9-94E34741C931.jpeg

I get this plant growing in my garden which I am always digging out complete with the bulb where possible ( bulb some times does not come out as the plant separates from it).

The leaf or foliage is green with off white trace along the edge. Looks like a grass leaf

The neighbours garden is over run with these.

Can I put some sort of edging to keep this pest at bay?

Thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
These type of plants have tubers(?), at the base, (bulb as you call it. Each year they divide so there are more of them in the ground. You need to remove every single 'bulb', which is more difficult than it sounds, as any single one, be it ever so small, will simply re-grow.
I would advise using a contact weed killer, the type you brush onto the leaf stems, for it to penetrate to the roots of it and eventually kill it.
Putting any kind of physical barrier, such as edging, will not help as it needs to be killed at the roots.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Could this be an ALLIUM one of the Onion family

If this is the only one in your garden I would put it in a pot and see what grows.P6100099.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back