plug!

The only other assumption I'm making is that the photo of the socket tester shows it correctly wired, it's not clear on my phone.
The photos taken with the socket after i turned it Off at the board but it was showing correct polarity, its possible the manager was getting confused and it was the OLD melted plug that was tripping the MCB on the Non rcd board, before he fitted the new plug, however he said he fitted the new plug then tried in 2 seperate sockets, which i tested and both were right polarity and earth loop tested ok. but he said the unit never worked. so he left it unplugged.

Its quite possible the thing was butted up to the earthed oven causing a short, It was unplugged when i arrived and it was only by chance i checked the plug as I was unsure who fitted it.
He said the previous melted plug was fitted by the oven engineer and he did copy that as confirmed by the picture he showed me of the old plug.
I am glad i did not plug it in after i had pulled the unit out, as it was free standing on a wet kitchen floor.

The 13 amp internal plug fuse was blown, not sure its suitable to plug in anyway and the rating labels worn away.
As you say its a mystery IF it did work before.

Sponsored Links
I think the most likely explanation is the only fault was the melting of the plug followed by the dog's dinner shown in the first photo of this thread, everything else is just general confusion. If someone left a plug like that they probably didn't know one colour from another.
Good job on making it safer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back