Roller shutter wont open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called to a job as they could not get in as the roller shutter apeared to have no power.
No info what happened yet
full

full

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
From the photos it looks like the fire started at the cutout. Nasty situation, glad it didn't get much further.
Maybe we'll be back on metal/non combustible cutouts before we know it?

assuming that the heat and smoke went upwards, it must have started somewhere low down. I can't see it.

Sponsored Links
No battery back-up on door then? Father-in-law has automatic garage doors, I queried when first fitted how do you get in if the fuse blows, they added a manual option which means you unlock a lump and pull it out which in turn pulls out a pin which engages door to the lifting motor so you can now gain access. However he has lost the key, so still can't gain assess if the fuse blows. Think I will stick with up and over doors.

How did you get in?

No battery back-up on door then? Father-in-law has automatic garage doors, I queried when first fitted how do you get in if the fuse blows, they added a manual option which means you unlock a lump and pull it out which in turn pulls out a pin which engages door to the lifting motor so you can now gain access. However he has lost the key, so still can't gain assess if the fuse blows. Think I will stick with up and over doors.

How did you get in?
No, some have a small ups, but most dont, had another this week where the main tripped in the night, shutter people had to force the door to get in, not sure how, it was all repaired when i got there.

Whats that thing cable tied to the meter
full

Wondered where I’d left that :whistle:

Ironically, this page is showing me an advert from QVS for 2kW fan heaters. Not sure that’s appropriate!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back