Plumb fridge freezer from downstairs toilet room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I’m a novice at diy, but will try to give things a go. I’ve ordered a new fridge freezer that has an ice maker and requires plumbing. The location is going to be opposite the kitchen sink and it’s too far and out in the open to run a connection from there. Behind the location wall is the under stairs toilet room and the sink is against the adjoining wall. I can’t access the copper pipe main line, but there are hot and cold flexi pipes appearing out of a small hole in the wall under the sink (wasn’t me). I wondered whether I could put a tee or something on the end of the cold flexi pipe and route another flexi/pex through the wall and then reconnect the other flow to the tap again. I mentioned this to a plumber in my office and said it wasn’t a good idea to do this off a flexi. Any ideas? Should I be hacking off the plaster to source the copper to connect to instead? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• BE070411-C1C1-4A24-8DCE-51BE1EE810F9.jpeg
    BE070411-C1C1-4A24-8DCE-51BE1EE810F9.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 321
Sponsored Links
Agree with your plumber awful bodge I'm afraid, yes cut back to the solid pipe really not supposed to have flexi's plastered into a wall.
You would end up with a right mess of fittings even if you tried it, a ½" BSP male adaptor to pick up the existing flex then a tee then a ½" BSP female tap connector to pick up the tap plus whatever else you need to run from the tee to the fridge!:eek:(n)
You could well save yourself trouble later if you get them out of the plaster and run it properly(y)

Thanks. I think this my be a job too big for me :) . May have a go at cutting a bit more of the plaster out to see if I can get a torch into the void to see how far the flexi pipes go into the unknown.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back