?plumber/gas engineer or electrician for fitting wireless thermostat ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, had a new green star boiler fitted by my ex last year he came down 4 hr drive fitted the thing in one day I left to go to night shift while he was still doing it. I can't turn the thing off as in heating in summer I poured over the manual for weeks looking for a clue - I don't want heating on in London n summer! Could not seem to turn the bugger off - mystery solved when ex finally pipes up & tells me you can't turn it off till you get a wall thermostat - oh thanks my eyeballs have been hanging out of my head my brain is numbed by reading that bloody manual cover to cover! Anyway summer I turned off all radiator valves just left towel rail on - didn't seem to use much gas, now it's winter I'm blindly upping & downing the C readings in the boiler looking for right output temp. I believe the numbers I see on boiler LCD display are internal temp of boiler! Not external temp of room ? Oh I'm confused but in a long boring & winding way I've now realised I need a wall thermostat - I want a wireless one - anyone know the best for a Worcester green star boiler & also maybe stupid question but do I need an electrician or a plumber/gas engineer to instal the thing? Any help most appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
www.relate.org.uk

Could you please post a photo of the boiler fascia and, more interestingly, one of the Benchmark/commissioning certificate (with names and addresses blanked out of course).

Most boiler models will turn off the heating by just turning the CH temperature knob anticlockwise to minimum!

Any heating engineer in my view should be able to fit any controls. But a few don't seem to be able to.

Only a very few electricians seem very familiar with heating controls.

Your boiler needs servicing every year to maintain the warranty and that would be the best time to have a stat fitted. I did one last night!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It will be a CDi if it has a digital display.
To answer the question about who to fit a stat. Gas safe plumber.

Hi thanks for all replies - yes ex is gas safe with 40+ years experience & dont think he wants to blow me up! Its a Greenstar i system compact. Will post pic ASAP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back