Plumber installed our toilet to the pump??

HI,
its a flat, the tank is head level.
he is saying the tank is not high enough to feed the toilet water.

Thats why he has to "pump" it via the house pump.

Sponsored Links
mains water cant feed it ? -you have mains water feeding the tank

yes he was polish.

He did a complete fit of 2 bathrooms , tiling plumbing etc etc etc.

I noticed you're in London so on the carp I've seen expect a flood and dodgy wiring. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Polish plumbers are a myth...they don't exist..just charlatans with their cheapo Wickes tools but dumbed down Brits always want a cheap job.

Bet your neighbours will love that pump going at all hours of the night. :rolleyes:

Is the shower off the pump?

Sponsored Links
cant he pipe it from the cold water tap on the basin ?

Perhaps not, all the pipe work will be tiled into the wall...

Basically, you got the job that you paid for..No point in asking if it is right now.

He has not commented on the suitability of the cistern for LP waster supply.

Some can be converted or supplied for LP water.

Probably the OP did not know about this and just bought the suites from Wickes or B&Q as they were cheap and then got the cheap Polish plumber to fit them!

There must be a motto there somewhere! Could it be that you get what you pay for?

Its more amusing when they flush the toilet with hot water!

Tony

There must be a motto there somewhere! Could it be that you get what you pay for?

Its more amusing when they flush the toilet with hot water!

Tony

No way!!! the motto is cheapest is bestest.

Flush with hot water? Perfect if the customer is middle aged and female..They can have hot flushes together :eek:

hi all,
thank you for your replies.
just to clear something up.
Yes, he is polish, lived for for 20 years, is fully UK qualified as a plumber and electrician and is experienced.
I think he just lacked common sense.

I bought a new pump to make is quieter (for other reasons not the one listed) and its much better.

I have this weekend a new plumber (Family friend english) coming over and he is going to see if something else can be done!
Fingers X!

One of you pointed out to use the cold water tap to fill. No point, the taps are run via the pump too.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back