plumbing and central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have a ravenheat condensing fanned combi boiler (ccsi-85' csi-85t model). the problem i have is that, i have to put pressure into the boiler more or less twice a day. and it's just taking the michael now and getting fed up and just want to get it sorted so has anyone got any ideas please! thanks.

Sponsored Links
The most common fault is a leak in your central heating circuit. An engineer will test this by charging the system and then probably shutting off the flow and return valves to prove where the fault lies. Check for any weeps from the radiator couplings. You may be lucky and find one weeping into the floor un-noticed and the coupling may just need tightened. ;)

do not touch the flow and return valves.

not unless you want them to leak.

check the system for leaks and if you dont find any check the boiler. check the pressure relief pipe outside. if you are still stumped get someone in.

Sponsored Links
That's a good point. Your pressure relief pipe could possibly be dripping away un-noticed. If the seal has gone on the pressure relief valve it shouldn't be an expensive repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back