Plumbing design software for DIYer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an idea for writing a software for the DIYer. To plan and calculate their plumbing for their homes. Both potable and heating.

I suppose I’d better not say too much about the proposed functionality (unless someone beats me to it ) but is this a fool’s errand ?

Does such software already exist does anyone know? I couldn’t find anything similar to what I have been thinking about. Not for the DIYer.

The idea I had is quite comprehensive.

Sponsored Links
Without telling what it will calculate it’s hard to say it it already exists :cautious:

Do you know anything about plumbing? I assume so.

Think about the things that would be helpful when designing and planning a new system. Especially a more complex system. The calcs etc

I’ve said too much ....

Sponsored Links
I did. And over the past 20y I’ve talked to many who have. On forums like this and others.

And I suppose it could be used by the (one man band) professionals too.

Would this software include planning and calculations for unvented cylinder installations ,gas pipeline sizing and routing ,boiler flue positioning to name a few ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back