Plumbing|Electrics|brickwork|Plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right. I just want to know from you guys in the trade whats the best tools you go for each, talking hand tools here. I think I've overloaded on power tools! :LOL:

I'm going to start doing some training/courses for personal benefit and want to get the best tools for each job. I hear IRAZOLA? are good for VDE screwdrivers and I've already got a nice set of Stabila levels.

Are there some brands that are like synonymous to a certain trade? I know when it comes to levels the first thought will be Stabila!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I bought irazolas and lost most of them i wouldnt rebuy as they are impractically too long.

I like Draper Expert with the red and yellow handle that has nobbles on the red. fits hand well not too long or heavy soft grip, blades if anything more appropriate for most jobs than irazolas which are "odd".

Plumbing Bahco grips footprint 7" and 9" small and very small Bahco adjustable shifter and a long handled large one and the obligatory plumbers one with wide jaws.

Pipe slices in three sizes

Junior hacksaw with bag of quality blades

Turbotorch

cheap knocking stick because my estwings just get nicked by the teenage kids of the house I'm working in.

flat bar

great big huge crow bar for prizing floor standing boilers away from their flues when a fitted kitchen fits them like a glove. And some boilers come off the wall a lot quicker with a big bar but be careful to makesure the wall is two bricks thick or it will come down with the boiler.

Thanks I was looking at those Draper expert ones. They do seem like very good screwdrivers and very reasonably priced too. Easy to replace when you lose them!

I've bought a lot of Bahco screwdrivers in the past, because at the time they seemed far superior to others on the market. However, several of the Pozidrive drivers have worn or snapped. And I'm a home user, not in a trade.

More recently I've been impressed by Wiha and have started to add these to the collection. I haven't broken any yet, but then I use cordless drivers now far more than I used to. The Wera range of drivers also looks good, but I've yet to try them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back