Plumbing in a right handed bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I am removing a old bath with a left handed drain and the missus wants new bath with a shower screen.
I can only get right handed bath with glass shower screen, because my left wall is below a window where my original taps are and a sink. what would be the best way to re-route my hot and cold feed and drain.

Thank You

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean waste moving from the L/H end to the R/H as only P or L shaped baths come in R or L handed.
Normally run the pipes under the bath only snag can be with the height of the waste (getting a fall) and avoiding the bath feet otherwise simple.

I tend to have them under the floor and straight up to the taps or clipped to the wall half way up to the bath edge.

The waste (I usually use a 50mm seal trap) is usually determined by the bath feet system and whether it's a cradle or it's the C box section, with the cradle you can usually get the clearance and fall without too much trouble, just watch the height if it's a supplied plastic side panel, with the C section bars it's not so easy to get it under and I usually take the waste to the back wall and along.

Sponsored Links
Feeds are easy. Waste depends on where it currently exits the room and connects to the stack. Internal stacks can be a problem. If it currently exits below floor level you'll be fine, if it's above floor level at the current position and connects to an internal stack, you may struggle to get the required fall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back