Plumbing in a washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to plumb a washing machine into my utility room but there is no water pipes there.

There is an electric socket and also access to a drain to take the waste. My condenser boiler is in there and upstairs in the airing cupboard is a cold water tank and hot water cylinder.

Which pipes would be best to take hot and cold from to supply the new washing machine point?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry for not making myself clear. There are lots of pipes in there from cold tank to cylinder and to bathroom etc. Which is best to use?

Sorry for not making myself clear. There are lots of pipes in there from cold tank to cylinder and to bathroom etc. Which is best to use?
Open a hot tap and see which pipe gets hot, and which pipe feels coldest.

Thanks for that answer sooey but when trying to find the cold it might be part of the CH pipes.

second pic the horizontal pipe is the hw

third pic

the one at the bottom of the tank is cold

the one to the ballvalve is cold main ;)

W - before you go overboard on plumbing make sure your machine needs a hot water connection. For about the last 5 years all the new machines I've seen have been cold-fill only.

Thsnks for the tip cmother1 but i already have the machine which is just changing position and it needs both hot and cold. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back