Plumbing for downstairs w/c and utility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new water supply and heating system fitted a couple of weeks ago. 32mm MDPE into the house, straight into a Unvented Cold Water Group Set (after stop cock, drain etc), which I'm told is to regulate the hot and cold water to the same pressure, and then teed off for the rest of the house supply.

Water pressure/flow isn't the best. Approx 3 bar (static) and 18l/m.

We're now planning the utility room and downstairs w/c (the water supply comes into the house through the utility room and up to the bathroom directly above where the cylinder is). We'll have 1x cold feed for the washing machine, 1x cold feed for the w/c and 2x hot + cold feeds for sinks in both rooms.

Where do you suggest these feeds should be teed from? The hot + cold feeds should clearly be at the other side of the Unvented Cold Water Group Set but is there any benefit to teeing off for the washing machine in particular, before that?

The there an "optimum" set up to reduce the impact of washing machines/toilets being on/flushed?

Sponsored Links
My thought would be the washing machine and the loo can tee off before your pressure regulating setup (to me that seems logical- if supply is 3 bar & unvented is reduced to 2 the wm and loo can use the 'spare' 1 bar and not affect pressure/flow to showers. I'm no expert though...another tip I was given on a similar setup was to use 12mm for the basin feeds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back