plumbing quote reasonable? £320

I dont think that you lot know the Foleshill area!

Its bordering on the deprived and work is done by many very cheaply.

Advertise a job at £6 per hour and there would be 200 applicants.

Naz has not given the full information about who is supplying this or that and so its impossible to come to a conclusion on what a reasonable price for the area is. But my expectation is that it is not as cheap as the usual going rate. The Polish, Afgans etc. are part of the local workforce and their prices have to be considered.

A bottle of wine at two local Indian restaurants is £3.50 !

Tony

My dear Agile, the 320 was for the labour only. He will supply the tiles (300x400mm....which means i'll have to hand mix the blooming adhesive), and he supplies the rad. I'll only supply the inhibitor lol. But my work is to a very good standard even though i've been tiling for a year, and i've never had any complaints about my plumbing work. I was actually recommended to this guy, who is also a good family friend!

However if he does get an afghan etc to do the work, and they bodge it, i will refuse to rectify the work for him.

Why did you not say it was Labour only mate?? You wasted everyone's time by not being clear on that!!.............. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

Naz has not given the full information about who is supplying this or that and so its impossible to come to a conclusion on what a reasonable price for the area is. But my expectation is that it is not as cheap as the usual going rate. The Polish, Afgans etc. are part of the local workforce and their prices have to be considered.

Tony

My dear Agile, the 320 was for the labour only. He will supply the tiles (300x400mm....which means i'll have to hand mix the blooming adhesive), and he supplies the rad. I'll only supply the inhibitor lol. But my work is to a very good standard even though i've been tiling for a year, and i've never had any complaints about my plumbing work. I was actually recommended to this guy, who is also a good family friend!

However if he does get an afghan etc to do the work, and they bodge it, i will refuse to rectify the work for him.

Why did you not say it was Labour only mate?? You wasted everyone's time by not being clear on that!!.............. :rolleyes:

so are you saying £320 for labour is too expensive? If so, what would you say is a more acceptable price?

The labour only price in London for tiling is about £30 psm. Sometimes that includes grout.

If the towel rad is to replace an existing rad then the typical price is about £90 - £120 in London.

However, Foleshill is a completely different place to London where a two bed flat can be £400k - £500k in the better areas.

Two bed terraced house in Foleshill is about £85k !!!

I would expect labour rates in Foleshill would be a lot less than London.

Nor do ever I recommend working for friends and relatives. You have already encountered a disagreement with him over the price of this job.

Tony

Tony

so are you saying £320 for labour is too expensive? If so, what would you say is a more acceptable price?

Eh??!! I didn't son. Read my posts again.
Never work for friends, family, church or synagogue!!!

Sponsored Links
lol ok so do you feel £320 was a fair price for the work quoted?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back