plumbing quote reasonable? £320

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been asked to install a towall radiator and tile 5 square metres of a small bathrooms walls. I have quoted £320. Is this reasonable, cheap or expensive for the west midlands?

Sponsored Links
150x150mm white tiles are £50/M2 supplied & fitted here mate!! You're too cheap!!

got a call from the guy saying my price is too high, so i've decided not to do the work as i'm not prepared to do slave labour. He said he can get some afghans or kurdish guys to do it for half that. I advised him these guys are not qualified, are cowboys etc and he'll regret giving them the work. I have seen their work at its diy'er at best.

guy says my price is too high, and can get some afghans or kurdish guys to do it for half that.

Sounds like a landlord Naz. Be wary of this type of client as he will move in the same circles as other cheapo merchants who will always screw you down.

Be careful who you work for and build up your reputation as a good and fair tradesman. This will pay off in yrs to come. :D

Sponsored Links
Wrong customer bud, don't worry about those types you will always be toooooo expensive.

They're the ones that suck on the blood of the decent tradesman expunging all their knowledge and then getting some poor illegal @ £1 an hour to do it.

BEST LEFT ALONE & DELETE THEIR NUMBER.

Sounds cheap to me. I'd double that price personally or bin the custard.

in time you'll work out how to suss these customers over the phone in about 5mins and won't bother wasting your time visiting the property.

I dont think that you lot know the Foleshill area!

Its bordering on the deprived and work is done by many very cheaply.

Advertise a job at £6 per hour and there would be 200 applicants.

Naz has not given the full information about who is supplying this or that and so its impossible to come to a conclusion on what a reasonable price for the area is. But my expectation is that it is not as cheap as the usual going rate. The Polish, Afgans etc. are part of the local workforce and their prices have to be considered.

A bottle of wine at two local Indian restaurants is £3.50 !

Tony

Naz has not given the full information about who is supplying this or that and so its impossible to come to a conclusion on what a reasonable price for the area is. But my expectation is that it is not as cheap as the usual going rate. The Polish, Afgans etc. are part of the local workforce and their prices have to be considered.

Very true Tony, the area will dictate the price................With the immigrant workers, the CC/CCCs & Handymen. The Plumbing & Heating trade is on it's knees!! Mark my words; there will be a national outcry within 5 years. Workmanship standards can't drop any lower & the British Public are being ripped off.

Tony

Very true Tony, the area will dictate the price................With the immigrant workers, the CC/CCCs & Handymen. The Plumbing & Heating trade is on it's knees!! Mark my words; there will be a national outcry within 5 years.
The whole country is on it`s knees :LOL: the only outcry will be BG when the shareholders have their annual beano :rolleyes: Food from Tesco - Building services from BG - That is the reality of 5 years hence ;)

Just on cue, I had an emailed offer for a boiler service within 20 miles of Cov for just £29 inclusive.

Dont know if that includes the seals for a Vaillant ! It should do but....

He said he can get some afghans or kurdish guys to do it for half that. I advised him these guys are not qualified, are cowboys etc and he'll regret giving them the work. I have seen their work at its diy'er at best.

Yet another benefit of uncontrolled immigration. :rolleyes:

Tony

My dear Agile, the 320 was for the labour only. He will supply the tiles (300x400mm....which means i'll have to hand mix the blooming adhesive), and he supplies the rad. I'll only supply the inhibitor lol. But my work is to a very good standard even though i've been tiling for a year, and i've never had any complaints about my plumbing work. I was actually recommended to this guy, who is also a good family friend!

However if he does get an afghan etc to do the work, and they bodge it, i will refuse to rectify the work for him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back