Plywood on walls prior to tiling etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
JUST SAW THE ABOVE BASICS POST...BUT HELP WHEREVER YOU THINK NECESSARY

the bath is out now and the sink/wc cistern cupboard thing leaving gaps for tiling
i have matching tiling, about double the amount.
the floor is clean plywood now and sealed at the edges, socket weld piping cut ready to fit for the quadrant shower and pick up the condensate from the boiler next door.

the walls are stud/plasterboard, and I need to do make good tiling in the bare areas in the pics
there have been two baths, and the second was tiled over the first so that there is double thickness of tiles to match to make the surfaces flush..the old tiles are around 5mm and so are the new.
since i have quite a bit the fresh 5.5mm ply, which btw measures 5mm..from timber suppliers travis perkins..
if i want to use this ply as a wall packer...i can attach at the existing studs..600m along the 1880mm side where the bath fitted.
what recommendations do i need to follow to treat the existing stud wall, the plywood on the wall side, and also on the tiling side
what adhesive to use respectively and hopefully a tile adhesive which can also used as a grout
the ply floor is not primed yet so advice on that also would be gratefully received.
the finished floor is to be 2mm self adhesive vinyl planks.
hope you can help
cheers
geof

pano 111.jpg
sink 11.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back