PM hopeful Truss blamed YOU for Britain's failure

so they are now following the uk model that was in place decades ago good to see they are copying us shame we seem to have lost the way .
But have you got a breakdown of percentage german school kids going into apprenticeships and in what trades
What we used to do whenm I served mty time isn't what we do now. A UK NVQ qualification isn't the equivalent of a City & Guilds - and the Germans train to the equivalent of C&G

Sponsored Links
Did you listen to her? The contempt for the working classes was clear - she thinks Brits are scum. But we'll all be praising her soon enough.
You seem to be on your own there.

What we used to do whenm I served mty time isn't what we do now. A UK NVQ qualification isn't the equivalent of a City & Guilds - and the Germans train to the equivalent of C&G
did you miss the bit i said we seem to have lost the way ?

Sponsored Links
A UK NVQ qualification isn't the equivalent of a City & Guilds - and the Germans train to the equivalent of C&G
You don’t know what you are talking about. An NVQ is a qualification. A National Vocational Qualification. City and Guilds (The City & Guilds of London Institute to give them their full name) are an awarding body that offer qualifications. Their qualifications are branded as City & Guilds. City & Guilds offer NVQ's as well as Vocational and technical qualifications.

I have 12 year old students that get their 'City & Guilds' as you term it!

Got a link showing the Krauts train to a higher level?, everything I'm reading say's they're comparable. The Jerries do train more apprentices, which is commendable, but to a higher level?, can't find any evidence for that.

so they are now following the uk model that was in place decades ago
:ROFLMAO:

The UK hasn’t been a manufacturing powerhouse since Queen Victoria died.

when was this great UK model, of which you speak….was it when UK was UK was making the Austin Allegro

:ROFLMAO:

The UK hasn’t been a manufacturing powerhouse since Queen Victoria died.

when was this great UK model, of which you speak….was it when UK was UK was making the Austin Allegro
are you struggling with the written word who mentioned manufacturing power house we are talking apprenticeships and the vast majority of apprentices were in the building trade .
Stop making things up in your head and stay off the white marching powder

in the past kids would be coming out of school into apprenticeships being able to use every single type of hand tool and in the case of my school. Metal lathes /wood working lathes/ band saws /table saws/ pillar drills / smelting equipment / ability to braze/solder as well as various other machines and skills . Today they have to show an apprentice the basics of how to hold a hammer or a saw

When I was at school we had 3x class rooms for our CDT course.

Anyway, 1 was full of lathes, there was a casting room between 2 of the class rooms, and 1 was for wood working, and the other was a classroom.

In the 5 years I was at secondary school, the lathes and milling machines never got used. We used some of the wood working equipment as it was easy and little chance of us killing ourselves, and we learnt how to solder, though learnt is a bit strong, we self taught ourselves..

The teachers were completely disinterested in teaching us about any of it, they literally done the bare minimum to get us passed. It was a huge waste of money and equipment to be honest.

I believe the course has recently had a revival in the form of STEM learning from 2015

But when I left school in 2002, their was a huge emphasis to dissuade people from taking the classes and if you took CDT you were one of the thicko's.

Does it?

He meant that only self employed have to work to eat. No work no eat. Just like most people!

An artisan doesnt have to be paid to be an artisan

Sponsored Links
Back