Pneumatic flush button placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was originally committed to a concealed frame for wall hung toilet with mechanical flush buttons. However, because of a window directly where the toilet is, I am limited to 0.92 m exactly. There is a frame that would fit but both this and the smaller 0.82m frame would result in the flush buttons being blocked by the toilet seat. Not desirable.

So, I'm thinking of a 0.82 frame that makes use of flush buttons that can sit anywhere to the left or right. I believe they are pneumatically or electrically operated. My question is what kind of flexibility do I have for placing them? Ideal position for us would be about 20cm to the right and 5cm above the toilet lid when open.

Any thoughts, tips?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Dont know about electric flush buttons but with pneumatically operated they can go anywhere the hoses will reach leaving a little slack in the hoses of course.

Hi again

Picture says a thousand words and all that...

Is there a frame that is lower than 0.9m for a wall hung toilet where the cistern is self contained but the flush panel can be placed outside of the frame, offset to the left or right?

Sponsored Links
As per just pumps' previous message, the pneumatic pushbutton can be fitted remotely, up to the limit of the pipe lengths. Indeed many insist the pipes should NOT be cut shorter. To the right of your window is a wall. Is it hollow or 'dot n dab' plasterboard? If so a section could be cut out to house the pushbutton, with a communicating hole drilled back to the cistern for the impulse pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back