Pointless 'collections'.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unpacking our cases this morning and again, I have some more 'stuff' to add to one of my pointless collections.

Hotel slippers!

A860FC6D-0D8A-4536-8194-E8B0AA4B0DA7.jpeg

Don’t get me started on my collection of hotel toiletries, shower caps, shoe-shine and sewing kits either! I have to sneak them into the case at the last possible moment before leaving too - if Mrs Mottie finds them, they go back on the hotel shelf/cupboard. "Why do you keep doing that/what are you taking them for?" is the normal question she asks me. Truth is, I don’t know! I also have a small collection of business cards from restaurants that I’ve been to on holidays that I’ll never, in all probability, go back to again.

Years ago when they started printing advertisements on glass milk bottles, I collected them too although I got out of that as they were taking up too much space.

Anyone else have a similar pointless 'collection'?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried packing an economic migrant? Far less chance of getting caught and more lucrative.

They are useful and
won't just clutter your home.

If you have a spare shed an alarm clock and a mattress... you then have a little helper to help with your chores. You have the choice to to pay them or not but feeding is essential.

Overall a lot more use than a few pairs of cheap slippers.

Last edited:
Unpacking our cases this morning and again, I have some more 'stuff' to add to one of my pointless collections.

Hotel slippers!

View attachment 274687

Don’t get me started on my collection of hotel toiletries, shower caps, shoe-shine and sewing kits either! I have to sneak them into the case at the last possible moment before leaving too - if Mrs Mottie finds them, they go back on the hotel shelf/cupboard. "Why do you keep doing that/what are you taking them for?" is the normal question she asks me. Truth is, I don’t know! I also have a small collection of business cards from restaurants that I’ve been to on holidays that I’ll never, in all probability, go back to again.

Years ago when they started printing advertisements on glass milk bottles, I collected them too although I got out of that as they were taking up too much space.

Those are sanitary pads, aren't they?

Sponsored Links

Hotel slippers!

View attachment 274687

I have a shed full of these milk bottles some are quite collectable . Our son used to collect them when he was young .

Being a bloke, I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention something called sanitary pads. :)

Being a bloke, I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention something called sanitary pads. :)

They are for when you puking down the toilet so as your knees are comfortable..

Apparently there were more than a few giggles when Ford launched the 'ST' range in the UK, as it's apparently what some women refer to sanitary towels as.

Would have been useful on a Healy 3 litre I had - oil leaks, blowing exhaust, and they'd soak up the water in the footwell.

Would have been useful on a Healy 3 litre I had - oil leaks, blowing exhaust, and they'd soak up the water in the footwell.
Our daughter had a Clio as a first car. The sunroof seal leaked and it dripped water onto the drivers seat. I got in it once to drive it, pulled the sun visor down and a sopping wet pantie liner dropped into my lap! She was using them to catch drips from the sunroof. When I told Mrs Mottie, she praised her ingenuity and reminded me that she had been asking me to look at the leak for weeks.

Sponsored Links
Back