Now *THAT'S* What I Call Customer Service Vol 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my hard drive decided to semi-fry itself, I managed to get everything off that I wanted, before it gave up the ghost totally.

Only, it turned out I hadn't.

I'd forgotten to copy over my iTunes folder, which contained tons of songs/albums collected over the past few years; literally £££thousands worth of tracks.

Anyhow, after a bit of internet trawling, I happened across the blog of a guy, who'd also lost his entire iTunes collection. He contacted Apple and they let him do a one-off re-download of his entire purchasing history.

So, I did the same and contacted Apple support. 48 hours later, they came back to me and said off you go and download them all again. But make sure that you have them backed up properly this time, as we won't be doing this for you again.

Top marks to Apple for allowing this. As the guy said in his blog, it's like going into a record shop and telling them you've lost your entire collection of CDs and would they kindly replace them FOC for you.

I know the gesture has cost Apple nothing, per se, as it's just a digital download, but it's still a pretty unusual example of customer service. And one for the memory banks, just in case it ever happens to you....

Sponsored Links
Nice to hear stories like this, This week, my daughter's boyfriends suspension went down, on his, land rover. i think :oops: phoned them up for a diagnosis, £80 per hour on computer, (1 hour?) plus whatever else comes up, at £80 an hour.

I sent him round the corner, to someone who does rolly's on the of chance he could help cheaper, they spent an hour, tighened a leaky valve, phoned him back, it's done, free of charge, these people need to be recognised.

I don't know people working there.

I'm still downloading them again - it's taking ages!

It's also interesting to see what pap you buy over time....!!!

Sponsored Links
How do you remember what you've bought?

Might try something similar. Ive only got about 150 purchased songs on itunes on a laptop that recently packed up.

Was gonna get it repaired just to get my songs back but this sounds cheaper :D

They have your purchase history (although I kept all the e-receipts as well, so have been checking these to make sure), so they know what tracks/albums to release to you.

Download iTunes 8 before you get the go ahead from them. Takes about 48 hours to get the ok.

Back