Police shot to kill Brazilian - now we know.

Adams only trying to diffuse a 'heavy' thread with a bit of humour.......thats all!

Sponsored Links
JulieL said:
Adams only trying to diffuse a 'heavy' thread with a bit of humour.......thats all!

Making Jokes about someone death is sick.

You all know my standing on this subject, but I cannot and will not condone turning this tragedy into a Joke for the gratification for liberal hypocrites.

Me, liberal? Now THAT is funny! :LOL: It has been said, in jest, that to find my political stance one should glance a touch to the left of Atilla the Hun. :LOL:

What I wrote was NOT a joke about Mr Mendeze's death. It is a typically British "dark" approach to a situation. It is merely one aspect of that tradition known as "British humour" that confuses and confounds 90% of the world's population. It is a method by which the British make light of a situation in order to avoid having to get all American and emotional about things. As you have lived in America, perhaps you have got all 11/9 about everything and can no longer accomplish this British sociological feat.

Sponsored Links
There you go again Adam, using simple Illogical arguments to justify your position, when my comment above was actually directed at JulieL and not actually you..although if the cap fits and all that.

I do know that people make jokes about disasters and that this is the British way of dealing with things, however this is a different situation.

This Guy was deliberatly shot by Police in the execution of their duties. Lets not get into the rights and wrongs of that action here. This was not a national tragedy, but a personal one for the Menezes (Not Menedez) Family.

I stand by all my comments about this situation, but I do not think it appropriate to Joke about.

FWL_Engineer said:
my comment above was actually directed at JulieL and not actually you..

Engineer, if you think I'm a liberal hypocrite - I've no problems with that.

My reference re 'heavy' thread was due to the postings of Ban all sheds and david and julie in this thread...........not anything to due with the shooting of the Brazilian man.......which by the way I think is a disgrace!

Quite frankly I for one am sick to death of everyone sniping and b*tching at each other's postings which to me appears to stem from unresolved issues from other threads/postings that happened weeks/months ago.....I include myself here as well (before any comments are made)

It's about time we all got to grips with the situation and let bygones be bygones.......and move on as we are supposed to be adults and all that stuff!

FWL_Engineer said:
There you go again Adam, using simple Illogical arguments to justify your position, when my comment above was actually directed at JulieL and not actually you..although if the cap fits and all that.

I do know that people make jokes about disasters and that this is the British way of dealing with things, however this is a different situation.

This Guy was deliberatly shot by Police in the execution of their duties. Lets not get into the rights and wrongs of that action here. This was not a national tragedy, but a personal one for the Menezes (Not Menedez) Family.

I stand by all my comments about this situation, but I do not think it appropriate to Joke about.

Fwl you are beginning in this post to sound like some of them you have critisised quite rightly for their stand on different things

FWL_Engineer said:
There you go again Adam, using simple Illogical arguments to justify your position,

Again, I laugh! My logic, whilst occasionally convoluted, is always correct. You will note from my post history that my arguments generally go:

"You say A is true. However, according to reference x, this means B is also true and C can only be true where B is false. If, as you say, A is true, then logically it follows C is false. Therefore you suck."

When you don't understand logic you always blame the logic rather than yourself. This is illogical, and as a logical person, I don't understand it.

(by the way, that was also intended to be ironic :LOL: ).

Roughly translated: lighten up. :rolleyes:

whats a safety catch ? does it have anything to do with baseball :D

JulieL said:
My reference re 'heavy' thread was due to the postings of Ban all sheds and david and julie in this thread...........not anything to due with the shooting of the Brazilian man.......which by the way I think is a disgrace!
!

JulieL, that was my point, you have been very vociferous in your opinion of the shooting, I don't agree with all your comments, but then I think that is a two street, however you clearly say the shooting is a disgrace, and yet you have no problems finding a Joke about the Guys death as Funny!!!

That is very hypocritical. If the shooting was so disgraceful to you, you should be appalled by the fact that it is now reduced to Joke status..do you understand what I mean??

Adam, I do like the fact that you think everything you say is logical...talk about up your own arse!!

Gosh darnit, you have got far too serious... it is a trait I have noticed amongst some people, there are issues that they feel are faux pas simply because they are faux pas... no logic.

By finding a joke ABOUT the situation amusing, that does not mean one finds the situation itself funny. Simply by posting a joke REFERENCING the events, that does not mean I think it was a good thing.

For chrissakes, if mainstream AMERICAN television can refer to "airbourne super-AIDS" in a cartoon, then I'm pretty sure that my post doesn't classify as a social crime. :rolleyes:

The poor chap is dead, but it doesn't mean we have to mourn forever.

Adam, whilst I found the Joke in poor taste I was not critisising you, I was commenting on JulieL's apparent double standards.

FWL_Engineer said:
JulieL said:
!

JulieL, that was my point, you have been very vociferous in your opinion of the shooting, I don't agree with all your comments, but then I think that is a two street, however you clearly say the shooting is a disgrace, and yet you have no problems finding a Joke about the Guys death as Funny!!!
That is very hypocritical. If the shooting was so disgraceful to you, you should be appalled by the fact that it is now reduced to Joke status..do you understand what I mean??

You consider me to be a hypocrite and have now also added that I have double standards.........hmmm....there seems to be little point in saying anything else really

Except perhaps to add that you are right debate/discussion/chat is a two way street but I also don't agree with a lot of what you say either and I could describe/make assumtions about you in a similar vain from your threads/posts

Engineer, you and I rarely engage here.........the only 'picture' we have of each other is what we write......which can be misleading........ as I don't know you as a person.......just as you don't know me etc, etc

As far as you considering me to be a hypocrite and having double standards - that is of course your priviledge.......and as I said earlier thats OK by me! :)

FWL_Engineer said:
BAS, you are simply prooving my point by your reply. BOTH of you have sunk to the same types of post in this thread, both have used quotes from other threads to attempt to get your point of view across.
The crucial difference though is that D&L initiated an attack on me on the basis of a biased application of forum rules, and has consistently and wilfully misquoted or misinterpreted other posts, and all I've done is to steadfastly defend myself by correcting what he's said about quotes and posts, and to use other posts of his to show how groundless and hypocritical his attack on me was.

I prefer the Sig, which is why I own one.
That's a relief - I thought I was going to have to challenge the 2nd half of your username.... ;) :D

and to cut it all down to simple rights or wrongs we dont even know the full story yet

regardless of what happend we do owe the police shooter and this mans family sympathy as they will both be paying a high price for our safety

i say our as the officer involved was working to that goal

does the means justify the end sure it does if we are safer as a nation how many innocents have died this way in wars etc in the history of mankind probably millions by now

if all else fails this shooting has sent a message to islamic ( and other terrorists ) that we wont be messed with

Sponsored Links
Back