POLICE / WHAT A JOKE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has any body read the sun to day, about the ambulance driver who was taking organs to two dying patients in oxford [churchill hospital ] He had 1 1/2 hours to get there, starting from gatwick airport , he arived on time to save them. Then 4 days later thames valley police had sent him a penalty point notice and a £30 fine for speeding in oxford. he went past a speed camera at 36 mph with his blue lights flashing. The police told him, the fine and points were still valid. what a joke the law is in this country :evil:

Sponsored Links
That’s not right, aren’t the medical vehicles suppose to have highest priority over all traffic and traffic rules like speed and red lights? Some of our lights actually change to green to let ambulances by.

Cambece

That doesn't sound likely to me.

The speed cameras are calibrated to add 10% +2 mph which means you can go 37mph without being booked.

Secondly why did they only have 90 mins to get there? Transplants are only given to people in good all-over health. If they were at the point of dying they couldn't proceed.

joe

Edit forget that 10% of 30 is 3 + 2 = 35. I was thinking of my own car which has an extra 2 mph inaccuracy of the speedo so I can reach 37mph and not get booked.

Sponsored Links
must be true its the sun, sun readers dont mind whos running the country as long as shes got big ttis.

Richardp said:
must be true its the sun, sun readers don`t mind who`s running the country as long as she`s got big ttis.
yeah :eek: Maggie gave me a semi :eek: (detatched council house ):LOL: :LOL:

Nige F said:
Richardp said:
must be true its the sun, sun readers don`t mind who`s running the country as long as she`s got big ttis.
yeah :eek: Maggie gave me a semi :eek: (detatched council house ):LOL: :LOL:

Um! :confused: right :rolleyes: whats that all about then ?

markie said:
has any body read the sun to day, about the ambulance driver who was taking organs to two dying patients in oxford [churchill hospital ] He had 1 1/2 hours to get there, starting from gatwick airport , he arived on time to save them. Then 4 days later thames valley police had sent him a penalty point notice and a £30 fine for speeding in oxford. he went past a speed camera at 36 mph with his blue lights flashing. The police told him, the fine and points were still valid. what a joke the law is in this country :evil:

yet the police are allowed to get away with 157MPH.... and over 60 in a 30 zone

The problem with this is that the law DOES not allow Police and medical vehicles to exceed the speed limit or even traverse Red traffic signals. The ONLY emergency vehicles to which speed limits and traffic signals do not apply is the Fire Brigade.

However if a vehicle has Blues and Twos on and is confirmed by management to be on a medical or other emergency, then it should be 100% exempt from prosecution unless being driven dangerously.

However stories in the Sun I would take with a Truck load of salt...

oh and the bit about speed cameras is untrue, a couple i know of in 40mph zones are set at 42mph :confused:

so many have peen caught that most slow down to 29mph just in case as they go by :LOL:

supersparks said:
oh and the bit about speed cameras is untrue, a couple i know of in 40mph zones are set at 42mph :confused:

so many have peen caught that most slow down to 29mph just in case as they go by :LOL:

and then you get people panic braking at gatsos, even if there already goin the speed limit. then car behind doesnt expect sudden brakin. then crash. meanwhile, without the gatso, no panic braking means no crash. and there not even speeding.

gatso put on a road near me. its not a bad road for speed. most people stick to 30. i can only think of 1 accident which involved death/serious injury (kid ran infront of bus, killed). oh, and the bus wasnt even speeding (didnt really have time to get to 30 if it had stopped at the bus stop very close behind)

couple of questions that have been bugging me

with a gatso, you have a set of lines on a road, like a ruler. Do these lines affect the working of the camera, or are they for illustration (photo evidence) only? Either way, there is a camera near me, on the way into Rotherham, where these lines have all but dissapeared due to poor road surfacing. Would i still be prosecuted for speeding? (IMO, without photo proof of measurements on road, i could not be prosecuted)

Can a gatso survey BOTH sides of a road? (2 single opposing lanes of traffic). Can any sort of speed camera do this? I have seen a lot of cameras where there is just one camera at one side, and lines painted on both sides! :rolleyes:

On a similar note, can any speed camera survey 2 lanes of traffic on a dual carriageway?

Thoughts / answers appreciated!!!

In Nottingham there are dozens of cameras with the painted road gradations on the wrong side of the camera!

joe

there is speed camera near me which is placed in between two lanes, one going one way, and one the other way, :eek: and it gets turns a round ever so often

Police only have their woo-woos on because they are late for their tea breaks.

Sponsored Links
Back