Politicians pay.

Dream of charging some poor pensioner £720 tomorrow.
Do you refuse to sell one of your refurbs to pensioners, on the basis that it might be a bit tight for them, that you might eat into their savings? Or do you just cream it off those whom you think are undeserving of whatever multiple of the minimum wage they have the temerity to earn?

It's a free market. People buy if they want to buy. They are not FORCED into buying like punters are FORCED into getting you to look in your little book of steels.

Sponsored Links
Hah, it was only a matter of time until the double standards came out to play!

No one is forced to use my services at all: if they want a cheaper job doing, there are plenty of (un- or less-qualified) number crunchers around who will willingly oblige. What most people seem to grasp, however, is that it is more often than not a case of peanuts and monkeys. If people don't want to pay my (company) hourly rate, then that's fine by me, I've got more than enough work on as it is, even in your the-end-is-nigh world.

Hah, it was only a matter of time until the double standards came out to play!

No one is forced to use my services at all: if they want a cheaper job doing, there are plenty of (un- or less-qualified) number crunchers around who will willingly oblige. What most people seem to grasp, however, is that it is more often than not a case of peanuts and monkeys. If people don't want to pay my (company) hourly rate, then that's fine by me, I've got more than enough work on as it is, even in your the-end-is-nigh world.

Well how about the government making it the local council responsibility to inform householders of lintel types etc rather than FORCING them to use some jumped up t**t that thinks he's clever? Put all domestic stuff in the hands of the BCO. Let him stipulate what he requires?

Apart from the bulging wallet where you ripped off some poor s***s life savings.
Now, if someone asks me for a fee quote, then instructs me on the basis of that fee quote, I do the work - properly - and they pay me, quite where is there any "riping-off" going on, eh? If they don't want to pay that, or they don't have the money, they go elsewhere. Simple concept.

Sponsored Links
Apart from the bulging wallet where you ripped off some poor s***s life savings.
Now, if someone asks me for a fee quote, then instructs me on the basis of that fee quote, I do the work - properly - and they pay me, quite where is there any "riping-off" going on, eh? If they don't want to pay that, or they don't have the money, they go elsewhere. Simple concept.

What are their alternatives?

What are their alternatives?

Don't have the job done, what's the problem?

Well how about the government making it the local council responsibility to inform householders of lintel types etc rather than FORCING them to use some jumped up t**t that thinks he's clever? Put all domestic stuff in the hands of the BCO. Let him stipulate what he requires?
No thinking about it mate, I got a First and passed a seven hour exam that has a 30% pass rate at the first time of asking. If the BCO was adequately qualified in structural matters, took the same exams and passed them, then why not indeed? And the first thing that said BCO would demand, for the increase in his labours and responsibilty would be...? Yep, that's right, adequate remuneration. Heyho, up go the BRegs fees (again) and your council tax. So, where's the "improvement" in your communist world now, eh?

No thinking about it mate, I got a First and passed a seven hour exam that has a 30% pass rate at the first time of asking. If the BCO was adequately qualified in structural matters, took the same exams and passed them, then why not indeed? And the first thing that said BCO would demand, for the increase in his labours and responsibilty would be...? Yep, that's right, adequate remuneration. Heyho, up go the BRegs fees (again) and your council tax. So, where's the "improvement" in your communist world now, eh?

Like you aid. There are plenty of other number crunchers. Real fact is that you don't even need to look up in your little book what size lintel you need because there aren't many alternatives are there? Corus will tell you for free if you ask them anyway.

If you think that my entire life is spent sizing poxy Crapnic lintels, then you are sadly misguided. Not that that is a new concept, where you are concerned.

To paraphrase: How do I perform as a structural engineer for thee? Let me count the ways.

For starters off the top of my head:
  • Forensic investigations of building failures (fire, impact, sudden collapse)
    Load testing and appraisal for change of use of structures
    Subsidence investigation and remedial works
    Structural appraisals following adverse valuations
    Design of beams, walls, floors, roofs, foundations, bearings, underpinning, trusses, green oak frames, SIPs, stressed skin panels, reinforced masonry, piles, ground beams, rc slabs, loft conversions, Residential, commercial, industrial buildings
    Green- and brownfield site investigations
    High, medium, low rise structures
    Structural glass design
    Eco-friendly structures
    Drains, highways
    Floating structures
    Historic and listed building repairs and alterations
    Machine bases dynamic and static
    Detailed drawings and calculations as required
    Expert witness and litigation support
And not forgetting lintels...will that do you? Bit more than a glorified Catnic catalogue reader, eh?

Oh is that all? I thought you did something useful like teach kids or save lives. Hardly rocket science is it?
Do me a favour. Take your scientific calculator and work out the circumference of your head. Hint: It's to do with Pi.

{started then couldn't be arsed to finish}

Nah, f*ck off, I'm not biting.

Sponsored Links
Back