Poll: Using an external keyboard with laptop - business use

When using a laptop for business purposes, how often do you plug in an external keyboard?

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
Got some buttons missing on mine, so plug in an external keyboard most times.

If its just emails and other nonsense I don't bother, if there's drawings or big spreadsheets or video editing then the external mouse and keyboard come out and usually plug the thing into a larger monitor as well (sometimes 2 for video work)

Sponsored Links
If its just emails and other nonsense I don't bother, if there's drawings or big spreadsheets or video editing then the external mouse and keyboard come out and usually plug the thing into a larger monitor as well (sometimes 2 for video work)
I think that's probably the approach that many/most of us take in relation to 'business use'.

Kind Regards, John

business purposes on a desk, always or nearly always.
A wireless set is convenient, so you just plug in the stub.

Business purposes on a train, not.

business purposes on a desk, always or nearly always. A wireless set is convenient, so you just plug in the stub. Business purposes on a train, not.
Again, I think that is probably roughly what a high proprium of us do.

In my case, I don't do that much with a laptop on a train/plane/whatever (but, if I did, I obviously would use the 'internal' keyboard etc.) but, for me, the most common place I use a laptop when 'away' is either in a client's 'meeting room' and/or a hotel room - and, in both those cases, I would again only use the laptop's 'internal' keyboard etc. In fact I would imagine that the great majority of people, like me, would not even think of travelling with a keyboard (let alone monitor!) as well as my laptop!

Edit: to all my readers - if you haven't yet seen and voted on the 'sister poll', relating to personal/business use of laptops, it would be good if you could look, and vote! Thanks.

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Can't use touch pads etc so always plug in a wireless mouse thingy. As for using a second keyboard I simply wouldn't know how to connect it. LOL

Can't use touch pads etc so always plug in a wireless mouse thingy.
A man after my own heart - how anyone can be happy with 'touch pads' is a bit beyond my understanding :)
As for using a second keyboard I simply wouldn't know how to connect it. LOL
Well, it could again be a 'wireless thingy' but, if wired, you probably know how to plug a USB plug into a socket :)

Kind Regards, John

I once worked with a colleague who swapped the left and right mouse button functionality over as he was left handed, weirdo, and that's from someone who's also of the sinister persuasion.

I once worked with a colleague who swapped the left and right mouse button functionality over as he was left handed, weirdo, and that's from someone who's also of the sinister persuasion.
Yes, I think that all mouse drivers allow that Not being left-handed, I don't really know, but, at first sight, I wouldn't have thought that it would necessarily make much difference 'which button was which' when one learned how to use a mouse (and its buttons) - but maybe I'm wrong.

Kind Regards, John

Yes, I think that all mouse drivers allow that Not being left-handed, I don't really know, but, at first sight, I wouldn't have thought that it would necessarily make much difference 'which button was which' when one learned how to use a mouse (and its buttons) - but maybe I'm wrong.

Kind Regards, John

Makes no difference at all for the user, but if for some reason they need to ask someone else to show them how to do something all mayhem ensues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back