poly filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
if i fill a hole with poly filler will i be able to skim over it the same day or should i leave it for a day or two,

i just don't want the plaster cracking

Sponsored Links
How big's your hole? I prefer Wickes board adhesive for filling - it shrinks less and is cheap as chips.

its not that big, cos i would off placed a piece of plasterboard behind it and dunt it that way, it is ruffly about 55mm x 40mm
and i don't even think it is that to be honest

if i fill a hole with poly filler will i be able to skim over it the same day or should i leave it for a day or two,

i just don't want the plaster cracking

Why would a plasterer use polyfilla as a subcoat? If it's about 20-40mm wide, stick a bit of pva in it, and skim anyway (if you're really enthusiastic you could stick a bit of scrim over it). Ant bigger then use a proper subcoat plaster.

Sponsored Links
cos it is only a small hole and it is not really big enough to go get a full bag of it, and as i work in a college i don't really need to use bonding and there is none at the college as most of the students have finished

cos it is only a small hole and it is not really big enough to go get a full bag of it, and as i work in a college i don't really need to use bonding and there is none at the college as most of the students have finished

Probably get away with pva and finish then.

I really don't know why your bothering Dex, this is getting sillier by the hour! :rolleyes:

I reakon it’s joe :LOL:

I really don't know why your bothering Dex, this is getting sillier by the hour! :rolleyes:

I reakon it’s joe :LOL:
So, he is, in effect, speaking to himself. Presumably because noone else is listening to him :)

You may be right Richard, of course, but I've taught many a student whose level of spelling and grammar is quite comparable. So, for me at least, the jury is still out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back