Polypipe manifold leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

We have a UFH system which was fitted maybe 9 years ago that has developed a few little leaks around the manifold - one on an un-used flow meter (see pics attached) and one from a thermostat fitted to (what I assume is) the mixer manifold? There is another from the Magnatrol connections above the manifold, but I can sort that fine.

Im happy I can remove and plug the leaking flow meter, but the thermostat is of more concern as there is a constant drip from the bottom of the plastic part where is screw in to the mixer.

Does anyone have an idea what the make of this mixer is so I can source a replacement mixer or thermostat?

Secondly, there doesnt appear to be any isolation valves in the 22mm pipes connected to the mixer- would I have to drain the system back to the boiler (which is about 30m away outside the house?

Any assistance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated
20210830_110628_resized.jpg
20210830_110647_resized.jpg
20210830_111531_resized.jpg
20210830_111521_resized.jpg

Sponsored Links
You're very lucky that it's a mainstream manufacturer like polyplumb, they still do the same mixing valve and you can get a service kit for it

https://underfloorparts.co.uk/produ...802392516191&utm_content=All Products Low Bid

That being said, where it's located under that pipe will make it really difficult to get the top off, unless it's the angle of the pic.

If you ensure the 2 port valve on the flow is closed and then depressurise the system you may be able to minimise what you need to drain. I'd crack the return, lower connection on the manifold, and drain from there. Shut down every rad, if you have any and close off the 2 port valve to the HW cylinder if you have one to minimise the drain down. You may have fun with air locks when re-filling though and the system will need bled methodically.

If the zone that the leaky flow meter isn't to be used, then remove it and cap it, don't fit another flow meter. A flow meter should always be removed from a manifold if it's zone isn't in service, they're notorious for leaking if they aren't used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back