Polypropoline carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! guys,

Anyone know about laying polypropoline carpet- a thin tough cord type?

It's for in a kitchen, and the only thing I know is if laid on a concrete floor in a commercial location, it must be put down on a continuous layer of grip fluid of some sort- straight onto concrete (as in this case).

But it's been indicated from a 'no expert' salesman to just spray the outside rim.

This could turn out as a poor buy as I now realize it is going to feel very hard to tread on.-I was thinking of laying a soft underlay- but that's out :(

The 'all over spray' is maybe for lateral support to stop spread with heavy use- which is not in a domestic location.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
:confused: if you glue it down in a commercial kitchen, how will you get it up when it is impregnated with grease and rotting food, and home to wildlife?

Sponsored Links
Hi again.

A big apology for the delay- computer update took ages- (it was taken from me to do this)

Matty-- the carpet was £6-99 sq.mtr.

The backing is thin hard foam- grey colour. The piece is 3 by 4 mtr.
And has a 10 yr guarantee!! (Also good for dogs to walk on- they won't slip and break a leg- when performing! :) )

There will of course be lots of waste in cupboard cut-outs.

If possible----
I would like to know - do I allow for shrinkage or spread and what to do with the edges ?
Also ideas on laying - do I tape on spray [or 6in nails!]?

I am unable to send pics at this time and anyway the carpet has only just arrived - this edit (12th June)

John D- I meant a commercial location - but not necessarily a kitchen- or ar you having me on again :LOL:

Thanks for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back