Pond help

What you need to do is run some 3 core SWA from the C/U / fuse board to a outside switch panel like this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toggle-Sw...Lighting&var=610206316885&hash=item48585a3cd1

Also it needs to be RCD/RCBO protected.

Will trace where the taped up wire goes and try and work out how it was originally wired. There must be a hole in the wall somewhere. Someone's spent time/money ripping it all out, god knows why

If it was wired in flex it was wired up wrong and they could of ripped it out due to not wanting it coming up when selling the house.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
What you need to do is run some 3 core SWA from the C/U / fuse board to a outside switch panel like this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toggle-Sw...Lighting&var=610206316885&hash=item48585a3cd1

Also it needs to be RCD/RCBO protected.

Will trace where the taped up wire goes and try and work out how it was originally wired. There must be a hole in the wall somewhere. Someone's spent time/money ripping it all out, god knows why

If it was wired in flex it was wired up wrong and they could of ripped it out due to not wanting it coming up when selling the house.

I think the flex is from the pump/filter. I also found some ducting that has been cut.

As someone said previously, agents or surveyor recommended removal

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Looks to me the owner has had koi in the pond at some point. There are bracket hooks going around the outside of the pond, this would have had a wire on it to stop herons, serious koi keepers do this, I have in the past.

If there is a filter present, it would need a good clean, and the pond emptying if you want to introduce fish into it.

Sponsored Links
Could be a really nice pond if looked after.

Deffo drain it. You need to start again.

Don't bother your ass or money on combination uv/filter. Both essential, but buy separately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back