Poor flow - first thing to check?

Sponsored Links
Nah don't worry, I just spotted it before you did. Does all look like someone was in hurry though. I wonder if the bit of yellow in the background is the bonding cable, or that they forgot to stick it on.

Sponsored Links
blink and 15mm you,ll miss it :) , I reckon its the strainer, as the whole installation is run through it,

Hey look, it says in the signature: I am usually always right.
Gimme a break, nobody's perfect, only me.

Okay, I can unscrew the head of the pressure reducing valve so it rotates freely but I can't for the life of me pull it off. Am I missing a trick? Many thanks.

to me thats not a typical valve for a megaflow, looks like one from a mcdonald engineering cylinder.is the cylinder green lagged or is it definetly a magaflow.

Many thanks for the link. My valve is slightly different - it's a RWC 312 series with 3 bar stamped on the top (looks non-adjustable).

Very frustrating - I can unscrew the cartridge but can't actually pull it away from the main body, even using brute force. Is there a retaining clip or something?

think last time i come across this type of valve. i just replaced the dam thing on that basis.cant seem to remember the filter being accessable.

Thanks for all the advice - it's definitely the strainer needing a good clean. Couldn't pull the cartridge out but all the prodding and twisting has helped - just put it all back together and the flow is greatly improved.

I will give RWC a call on Monday to see how the cartridge can be released.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back